PMI has been offering the latest in experimental surgery since 1990. Our AAALAC-accredited location in the San Francisco Bay area places us in close proximity to a large concentration of medical device companies, leading academic institutions and medical and surgical conferences held in San Francisco. As such, it is easy for clients and physicians to visit and work with us on site in our state of the art facilities.
Our 22,000 square foot facility in San Carlos offers a full suite of services in comparative medicine, surgery and pathology, equipped with:
- Four state-of-the-art surgical suites, designed to accommodate large surgical teams and are equipped with video conferencing, integrated data capture and private observation rooms for facilitate collaboration.
- Preclinical and Regulatory Capabilities that accommodate for GLP and non-GLP studies.
- Perioperative Services Support Areas that allow the PMI team to monitor operating rooms and respond to the needs of our clients in a timely manner.
- Necropsy Room which has been designed to meet a range of pathology needs, from tissue perfusion to harvest and fixation.
- Audio and Video Conferencing capabilities, providing high definition viewing of our surgical suites. Our fully-integrated video conferencing capabilities assist in rapid decision making, enhanced training and incredible reduction in travel time to our facilities.
General surgical support: The PMI team provides general anesthesia support, including EKG with multiple pressure and monitoring capabilities, internal and external defibrillators and pulse oximetry. Diagnostic laboratory support areas, available for a variety of benchtop functions, including formulation preparation, tissue culture and slide review.
An ideal environment for customized, “hands-on” training in a wide range of applications. PMI trains clinical site physicians and surgeons, offering them a level of expertise, quality and excellence they are accustomed to finding in their own institutions, which provides and optimum training environment.